CELEBRATING 81 YEARS!
Welcome to Broadmoor Preschool! We are a play-based, parent-operated cooperative preschool. Since 1939, Broadmoor Preschool has fostered the development of parents and children within our families, our school and our community.
The Broadmoor Preschool admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
2020/2021 Enrollment Updates (published 8/1/20)
- Broadmoor will not resume in-person instruction until at least January 2021.
- Following the lead of the San Leandro Unified School District (SLUSD), we will not return to the classroom in September.
- Our planned start date is January 13th. This start date is subject to change depending upon the state of the pandemic and applicable health orders that may be in place at that time. We would return either at full operating capacity, or refer back to our hybrid model with small in-person groups for AM & PM classes and online content, whatever is deemed safest at that time.
- For the months of Sept-Dec 2020, we will be creating an optional Curriculum Kit Membership open to currently registered members and alumni families (AM/PM/Tot time). Kit covers projects for entire month, including:
- Two (2) pre-recorded circle/story times per week.
- One (1) live zoom per week for kids to share/interact with their peers.
- One (1) live zoom parent happy hour per month.
- One (1) live zoom parent education session per month.
- Since this is a month-by-month Membership, families are able to sign up for the months that work for them. We are recommending a curriculum donation of $100 per kit, per month.
- We are still accepting applications for the upcoming 2020/2021 school year and have revisited our deadlines in hopes to help serve our Broadmoor Families during this time.
- All families registered will still be required to pay the balance of fees ($450 total registration/enrollment/1st & Last month tuition) in order to hold their spot for when in-person instruction resumes (planned Jan 2021).
- Any family not wishing to commit to Broadmoor by Jul 31st will receive a refund of any registration/ enrollment/ tuition fees paid to that point.
- In Jan 2021, tuition will resume at the rate of $225 if fully in person or $200 if the hybrid plan is needed.
- Our hybrid model (if needed), may adhere to the following conditions:
- Depending on the size of enrollment, each class (AM & PM) will be split into two smaller groups, AM-1 & AM-2; PM-1 & PM-2.
- Each group will be in class two days per week. On the two days your child is not in school, two pre-recorded circle/storytime videos will be available (one per day).
- Once a child is assigned to a stable group, no switches can be made for at least 3 weeks.
- Children will be required to get their temperature taken at gate drop off. Any temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed to participate for the day. We encourage all families to check their child’s temperature at home prior to arriving.
- Classes will be held primarily outside (under canopies to accommodate weather, if needed). Children will be allowed to use the restroom one at a time to limit indoor exposure to others.
- Parent volunteers will temporarily be suspended until groups can be expanded to accommodate more people within our space.
- Snacks will not be permitted on campus. Disposable/recyclable cups will be provided for water, as needed.
- Masks will be required until further notice.
Please visit our “apply here” section for more details.
Support our school today!