CELEBRATING 81 YEARS!
Welcome to Broadmoor Preschool! We are a play-based, parent-operated cooperative preschool. Since 1939, Broadmoor Preschool has fostered the development of parents and children within our families, our school and our community.
The Broadmoor Preschool admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
2020/2021 Enrollment Updates (published 1/3/2021)
Broadmoor Preschool will not reopen for in-person instruction in January. This decision was based on our recent parent survey results, SLUSD’s decision to delay in-person, and Alameda County’s recent move into the “Purple Tier.” We will likely continue distance learning for the remainder of the school year but will discuss a possible hybrid transition in the spring and Summer School, depending on circumstances.
- Learning Kits and See Saw
- The Directors will continue their popular Learning Kits and online learning through SeeSaw for a suggested donation of $50-$100 per month. Please contact email@example.com to sign up – limited kits are available per month.
- Families who have paid enrollment deposit fees can either choose to have their fees refunded or apply them to the cost of the spring semester kits. Enrolled families will not be required to make any additional payments to Broadmoor for the curriculum kits, unless they would like to make an additional donation.
- Families who would like to opt out of their membership/kits can do so in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org & copy email@example.com. Please provide your Venmo information or current address to receive a refund check. We ask that you inform us of your withdrawal no later than December 28th, 2020.
- “Mini” Maintenance days and Committee Jobs
- To help support the directors and encourage community involvement, we will be requesting that families volunteer for some committee jobs and participate in one COVID-adapted “Mini” Maintenance day during the spring. Details will follow.
- We also have open Board Positions for Treasurer, Community Building and Attendance Secretary. Volunteers are very welcome!
- Parent Education
- We will be continuing Tuesday Parent Education Zoom meetings. We will host parenting experts and have informal Zoom chats to support each other and share ideas. Our main focus will be on supporting our parent community through this challenging time.
Please visit our “apply here” section for more details.
Support our school today!