About Broadmoor Preschool
Broadmoor Preschool was founded in San Leandro in 1939, and has been sponsored by the San Leandro Adult School since 1952. We are a proud member of the California Council of Parent Participation Nursery Schools, and we are actively involved in its local chapter: the East Bay Council of Parent Participation Nursery Schools. We welcome diversity in race, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical ability.
Through play, children learn about themselves and our world. Our preschool offers a unique opportunity for both parents and children to learn side by side in a fun and loving atmosphere that fosters the development of self-esteem, stimulates minds, teaches cooperation and nurtures the personality. Our program provides an opportunity for parents to learn more about child development through observation of children, through participation in the program as assistant teachers and involvement in evening parent education classes. Broadmoor is a place of friendship, offering opportunities for families to meet, interact, and share experiences.
Broadmoor Preschool is a parent-operated cooperative, where every family participates in the administration and maintenance of the school. Our members commit to the following responsibilities:
- Work one school day per week alongside one of our directors.
- Plan and implement curriculum for our second and third trimesters.
- Attend all required parent education meetings – two Tuesdays per month from 7 – 10 pm
- Fulfill the commitments of your committee job – typically a few hours of work each month.
- Complete 3 hours of school maintenance each trimester.
For more information on membership and enrollment, please visit our Enrollment page.